Government scheme gives discounts of up to £5,000 on accounting software
The government’s Help to Grow: Digital scheme – designed to support smaller businesses in adopting digital technologies – is now open for applications.
Under the scheme, eligible businesses can now receive discounts of up to £5,000 off the retail price of approved digital accounting and CRM software from leading technology suppliers. Businesses can also access practical, specialised support and advice on how to choose the right digital technologies to boost their growth and productivity.
Currently, three accounting software providers are signed up for the scheme – Sage, Intuit, and E-crunch. The next phase of the programme will see the scheme extended to e-commerce software. You may think costs will be prohibitive and be a significant factor in your decision-making process, however, discounts worth up to £5,000 are now available to help you purchase the right software.
Grant eligibility criteria
- Your business must be based in the UK
- The business needs to be registered with Companies House, or a registered society that’s on the Financial Conduct Authorities Mutuals Register
- Your business must employ between 5 and 249 people
- Your business needs to have been trading for more than 12 months, with an incorporation date of at least 365 days before your application
- You’re purchasing the software for the first time.
Kwasi Kwarteng, Business Secretary, said: “I want UK businesses to be primed and ready to seize all the opportunities on the horizon as we build back better from the pandemic. Adopting technology means higher performance, and the Help to Grow: Digital scheme is future-proofing our small businesses and putting the UK at the forefront of the worldwide digital revolution.”
Samantha Bennett FCCA, said: “With the new Help to Grow: Digital scheme, the nature of your business is irrelevant, and any sector can benefit from the free, impartial information and advice to help you adopt the right technology. Contact us today to learn more.”
Internet link: Help to Grow website