Corporation Tax is a tax on the taxable profits of limited companies, and in some instances on taxable profits accrued by other organisations such as clubs, societies, associations, co-operatives, charities and other unincorporated bodies. If your company or organisation is based in the UK, you’ll have to pay Corporation Tax on all your taxable profits – wherever in the world those profits come from. Therefore, Corporation Tax represents a substantial part of your trading costs. Moreover, the increased reporting obligations, and increasingly robust investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities, and with harsher penalties for non – compliance, mean that an undue amount of your time and resources can be taken up collecting revenue for the Government.
Harvey, Telford & Bates Chartered Accountants offer a range of services to help you minimise your Corporate Tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation. These Corporation Tax Planning services include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business;
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs;
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment;
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions;
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry;
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment;
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities.